If you’ve ever been to see a doctor or other health care professional about anything that involves pain, you’ve likely been asked to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst possible pain.
The “pain scale” serves as a communication tool to help practitioners assess the situation and determine the best course of action – whether it’s further tests, treatment, and/or pain management.
Rating scales are useful in a variety of ways – from determining just how sad your little one is to communicating to your partner how important it is that you travel a long distance to speak at an event.
As a coach, I enjoyed using the Wheel of Life, where you rate different areas of your life on a satisfaction scale of 1 to 10. I like that it creates a visual snapshot of where you’re at – and that the categories can be customized.
Rating scales also make for a really great marketing tool.
I like using them because they are:
- an empowering way to help your audience make choices/decisions
- an amazing time and energy saving tool for you
- a simple way to have your audience look inwards for an answer
- a great alternative to FOMO and other pressure-based sales tactics
- an easy way to gauge interest, readiness, importance, likelihood, preferences, etc.
- a wonderful way to help people self-select in (or out) of what you’re offering (whether its free or paid)
How Well is Your Marketing Working For You?
Let’s find out.
- Think about the marketing you’ve done over the past 6 months.
- Now think about how well it’s worked for you, and rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 = not very well and 10 = very well.
- Once you’re done, follow the instructions below to see how to interpret your rating
Interpret Your Score
If you gave it an 8, 9, or 10, hooray – good for you – be sure to celebrate.
If you rated it a 4, 5, 6, or 7, you’re marketing is so-so, and there’s likely something you could do to improve it.
If you scored it a 1, 2, or 3, then your marketing definitely needs some love and attention.
Find Out WHY Your Marketing Isn’t Working For You
If your score was a 7 or less, I’d invite you to watch this free mini-training.
It’s called 5 Reasons Why Your Marketing Isn’t Working (+ What to Do About It.)
Seriously. It’s 15 minutes long but it will give you the answers you need to start to turn your marketing around.
Is your marketing doing the heavy lifting for you?
If it’s not, you’re likely getting tired of working so hard.
I have a mini-training just for you.
It’s about 15 minutes long. There’s no opt-in required.
Go ahead and click the button – then press play.